For the past few days Rebecca experienced life as an only child while Drew was on his trip to Chicago. (more about Drew in another post.) Not really sure if she enjoyed being by herself. But my house was a lot quieter. Rebecca and I ventured to library time and she really enjoys singing songs. Then for another outing we had lunch at Chick-fil-a (ok, so maybe that was more of a treat for me). The first morning she woke up, she asked where Drew was and didn't believe he wasn't there until I showed her his bed was empty. She usually watches T.V. in the mornings sitting in the rocking chair with Drew, but instead wanted to be with me. After we told her where Drew was, when asked, she would say Cahgo. It was nice to get a chance to focus just on her for a change. But I knew she missed her brother. (as did Brett and myself)
She is talking more and more everyday, usually 3 word phrases. I hear a lot "Do it, mom" which means "I can do it myself, leave me alone." Also when put down for a nap she tells me, "Not sleepy mom." Of course, she will be out in a few minutes. She still loves her milk, pacifier (one day I guess she will give it up), lovie (her bunny), and her blanket. She will throw things and fold her arms when she doesn't get her way (ugh terrible twos), but mostly is my wonderful, precious little girl. We are so blessed.
She is talking more and more everyday, usually 3 word phrases. I hear a lot "Do it, mom" which means "I can do it myself, leave me alone." Also when put down for a nap she tells me, "Not sleepy mom." Of course, she will be out in a few minutes. She still loves her milk, pacifier (one day I guess she will give it up), lovie (her bunny), and her blanket. She will throw things and fold her arms when she doesn't get her way (ugh terrible twos), but mostly is my wonderful, precious little girl. We are so blessed.
1 comment:
Ah the sweet joy of each child!! My favorite three word phrase of both of my kiddos was -- with arms outstretched upward toward me "Hold you mommy" Which meant, pick me up and hold me dadgumit!! Love it! I feel like a goob saying friend, but cherish every moment - it passes so quickly.
Post a Comment