Monday, October 11, 2010

National Night Out



Rebecca and Mr. Skip feeding the horse
Drew's turn
Our National Night Out was last Tuesday. It was a good time to visit with our neighbors and eat! We have a great street with lots of kids so Drew and Becca were excited to get out and play and ride their bikes. We were fortunate that the constables brought out 2 of their horses.
Brett had to work late and missed most of the action. By action, I mean he missed out on me holding Rebecca while she tried to feed the horses carrots and keep all her fingers away from the horses' teeth. And while I was holding Rebecca, trying to keep her fingers out of the horses' mouth, I was trying to not have the horses step on my feet. Rebecca loved those horses. After all the other kids were through petting and feeding them, Rebecca was still there wanting to pet them. (More action) Drew got bit by an ant. Then Drew was running and fell and skinned his arms and legs pretty good which brought our evening to a close. But in between all that, I visited with neighbors and ate some good food.

No comments: