Sunday, June 28, 2009

A day at the beach

After going to Beach Retreat with my church and talking about the beach, ocean, and waves, Kelly and I decided that Drew and Becca needed to experience it first hand. So Brett, Kelly, and I took them one afternoon to Surfside. Drew enjoyed splashing in the waves, digging in the dirt (I mean sand, if you can call it that. It certainly isn't the nice, white sand that there was in Orange Beach, Alabama) and making a sandcastle (it was more of a mud castle). I think Becca enjoyed herself. One minute she wanted in the water and the next she wanted out. Well, I guess it is a girl's prerogative to change her mind!
Tuh Tuh and her girl

Hard at work


Becca is reuniting shells with the water

Drew keeps asking me when we are going back. He didn't mind the brown water or the packed down sand. But for me, after finishing getting sand out of everything (clothes, towels, toys, car, carseats, etc.) it might be awhile before we go back. But don't worry Drew, many times the best things in life are a lot of trouble, but they sure can be worth it!!!

No comments: